Thursday, January 13, 2011

Door-To-Door Food Stamp Salesman Arrested

Door-To-Door Food Stamp Salesman Arrested: "


I know that everyone has to have a hustle in these tough economic times but damn, someone should have told this dude that being a door-to-door lawbreaker wasn’t it.  I can just imagine what his opening sales pitch would be “Hello, ma’am.  I’m breaking the law but I won’t take up much of your time.  I have these food stamps for sale, but WAIT!  There’s more.”  Brilliant! By the way, I didn’t think anyone HAD food stamps anymore, I thought they were all on EBT cards now, shows how much I know, right?


FORT WALTON BEACH — A 33-year-old man was issued a notice to appear after officers picked him up for being a “suspicious person,” according to his notice.


The man was found Dec. 16 going from door-to-door in a Fort Walton Beach neighborhood trying to sell food stamps.


When the officer approached him, the man said he “didn’t know that was illegal.” The officer then asked if the man had any food stamps on him and the man said he did not.


The man then turned his pockets inside out and showed the officer that he did not have any food stamps, but he did have a small baggie with white residue.


The man was arrested on misdemeanor charges of narcotic equipment possession, the notice said.”


Source


Share

"

No comments: